YOUR USER INFORMATION
All personal information collected at our web site (the “Web Site”) by us and/or its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, affiliated companies and/or promotional partners or agencies will be utilized primarily for internal purposes with the goal of enhancing the user’s online experience.
We collect information in several
ways including, without limitation, primarily the following:
(1) Some personal information is gathered when you register to participate in or receive information via electronic mail or otherwise about: automobiles in general, your automobile, automobile insurance, general and personal automobile maintenance, general and personal finance, general and personal credit, automobile dealerships, quotes, research, statistics, advice, Web sites, games, contests, sweepstakes, promotional events and/or any other event that takes place on the Web Site. During such registration, We may ask for information such as, without limitation, a user’s name, electronic mail address, birth date, gender, zip code and country, and other optional information that may be particular to that registration process;
(2) We collect information on its users’ demographics, interests and behavior based on the information provided to us from the registration described in (1) above, from our server log files, from surveys, from cookies (see below) and from IP addresses (see below). We do this to better understand and serve its users. This collected information/research is generally compiled and analyzed on an aggregated basis;
(3) For reasons such as improving
personalization of our service, we might collect information about its users
from other sources and add it to our account information; and
(4) We also sometimes collects
updated delivery and address information from its shippers or other sources so
that we can correct its records and deliver or communicate more easily.
We use and/or
disclose collected information in several ways, including, without limitation,
primarily the following:
(1) We may use electronic mail addresses or other personally identifiable information to contact users who directly communicate with us, to, among other things, fulfill prizes, track/verify compliance with our policies as well as federal, state, local and other laws, and/or to solicit editorial comments and feedback. For example, we may use such information to notify users that they have won a game, contest or sweepstakes or to provide a requested electronic mail newsletter or provide other requested information;
(2) We may match aggregated user
information with third party data in order to better serve the interests of its
(3) We may disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers and third parties and for other lawful purposes, in order to, among other things, make better alliances and provide a better user experience on the Web Site;
(4) We may use a user’s personally identifiable information for editorial purposes. For example, we may use information provided by a user to us as part of an online survey conducted by us;
(5) Unless a user tells us that he/she would prefer not to receive electronic mail from us, we may use collected personal information to send you electronic mail about our and/or other companies’ products, promotions or services. A user may choose not to provide certain information, but then that user might not be able to take advantage of many of our features;
(6) In some instances, collected
personal information may also be used by us for additional marketing and
promotional purposes relating to the Web Site or other properties;
as set forth in more detail below; and
(8) We may disclose user information to third parties when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, other Web Site users, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities. We may disclose user information when we believe in good faith that the law requires it.
We may use agents to carry out its
We may employ other companies and
individuals to perform functions on its behalf.
Examples include, without limitation, fulfilling orders, sending postal
mail and electronic mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists,
analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, delivering packages and
providing customer service. They may
have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may
not use it for other purposes.
Other than as set forth above, it is
our current policy not to share any personally identifiable information
provided by users with other third parties, unless specified at the time of
collection or with the user’s consent.
Click here for important information about safe surfing from the Federal Trade Commission.
Users should keep in mind that whenever they give out personal information Online – for example, via message boards or chat rooms – that information could be collected and used by people that users do not know. While we strive to protect users’ personal information and privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of any information users disclose Online, and users do so at their own risk.
Our policy does not extend to anything that is inherent in the operation of the Internet or any Online technology, and therefore beyond our control, and is not to be applied in any manner contrary to applicable law or governmental regulation.
We do not knowingly collect information from children thirteen (13) years of age or younger. If you are under thirteen (13), do not send any information about yourself to us, including, information like your name, address and/or electronic mail address. We encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children and to supervise their children’s activities on our sites. We alert parents that this Web Site features content exploring mature themes not appropriate for children. This Web Site is not a Web site directed to children under the age of 13. We suggest that parents consider using parental control tools available from Online services and software manufacturers that may help ensure a child friendly Online environment and help direct their children to suitable, child-oriented Web sites. Further, We request that all users to the Web Site that are under the age of 13 not disclose or provide any personal information on this Web Site. In the event that we discover that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with his or her personal information, we will immediately delete the child’s personal information from its system.
Because we do not knowingly collect such information, we do not knowingly provide any personally identifying information from its users under 13 years of age, regardless of its source, to any third party for any purpose whatsoever. We also do not knowingly allow users under 13 years of age to be listed in any member directory or to receive direct marketing communications from us or to be sent third-party offers.
Cookies are pieces of information that a Web site transfers to an individual’s hard drive for record-keeping purposes. Cookies make Web-surfing easier for the user by saving the user’s preferences while the user is at the Web Site. We never save passwords or credit card information in cookies.
By showing how and when users use a Web site, cookies help us see which areas are popular and which are not. Many improvements and updates to this Web Site are based on such data as total number of users and pages viewed. This information is most easily tracked with cookies. We use the information from cookies to provide services better tailored to this Web Site’s users.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or indicate when a cookie is being sent.
USE OF IP ADDRESSES
An IP address is a number that’s automatically assigned to your computer whenever you’re surfing the Web. Web servers – the big computers that "serve up" Web pages – automatically identify your computer by its IP address.
We may collect IP addresses for the purposes of system administration, to report aggregate information to our advertisers, and to audit the use of our site. When users request pages from this Web Site, our servers log the users’ IP addresses. We do not normally link IP addresses to anything personally identifiable, which means that a user’s session will be logged but the user remains anonymous to us. We can and will use IP addresses to identify a user when we feels it is necessary to enforce compliance with our house rules, terms of service, any law or regulation or to protect our service, Web Site, customers, or others.
Some services within the Web Site, such as certain message boards, may display IP addresses along with the message poster’s name and message. Please review each service prior to use and only use those that disclose information you are comfortable with sharing.
The importance of privacy and
security for all personally identifiable information associated with users is
of utmost concern to us. We exercise great care in providing secure
transmission of users’ information from the users’ personal
computer to our servers. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet
can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect users personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the
security of any information users transmit to us or from our Online products or
services, and users do so at their own risk. Once we receive users’
transmission, we make its best effort to ensure the transmission’s security
on our systems. If credit card information is transmitted, we use industry
standard, SSL (secure socket layer) encryption.
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS